Welcome to the fifth installment of our Pantone Spring Colors series! During these ten weeks, we’re going over the spring palette with you, color by color. We’re talking complementary colors, and we’re showing you tons of great furniture and accessories that correspond with each hue.
Whether you want your space to make you feel more relaxed or more energized, you’ll be a fan of spring’s best colors. They’re inspired by nature and range from soft and soothing to bold and bright, making them the perfect way to transform any home.
“Colors this season transport us to a happier, sunnier place where we feel free to express a wittier version of our real selves,” says Leatrice Eiseman, the executive director of the Pantone Color Institute™. “With our culture still surrounded by so much uncertainty, we are continuing to yearn for those softer shades that offer a sense of calm and relaxation.”
Are you new to this series? Check out our first post on Rose Quartz to get started!
Build Me Up, Buttercup
“While the majority of the Spring/Summer palette trends toward calmness, a few diversions from the theme emerge that offer a contrast,” continues Eiseman. “With PANTONE 12-0752 Buttercup, designers reveal a shining beacon transporting its wearer to a happier, sunnier place.”
Buttercup is one of those colors that provides an instant pick-me-up, especially this time of year. We associate this yellow hue with warm sunshine and the first flowers of spring, so it’s a natural choice for making your space feel more fresh and inviting. Try pairing Buttercup with Snorkel Blue, Serenity or Lilac Gray for a look that will take your home from drab to fab.
Shop Buttercup Furniture & Home Goods
- Ashley Synthie Table Lamps (Set of 2), $79.98
- Ashley Zarek 5′ x 7′ Rug, $69.99
- Chintaly 6951 Collection Desk, $369.99
- Chintaly Alfresco Side Chair, $59.99
- Jonathan Louis Dorsey Accent Chair, $499.99
- Jonathan Louis Julian 100% Leather Cocktail Ottoman, $469.99
- Momeni Delhi 5′ x 8′ Rug, $349.00
- Powell Yellow Spindle Table, $49.99
- Sauder Square1 Collection Accent Cart, $69.99
- Sis Covers Nolo Lemon Comforter Set 6-Piece Queen Duvet Set, $399.00
Coming up next week, we’ll delve into the next color in the Spring 2016 palette. Stay tuned!
Share this Post