Welcome to the fourth installment of our Pantone fall color series! During these 10 weeks, we’re going over the fall palette with you, color by color. We’re talking complementary colors, and we’re showing you tons of great furniture and accessories that correspond with each hue.
“The desire for tranquility, strength and optimism have inspired a Fall 2016 color palette that is led by the blue family,” says Leatrice Eiseman, the executive director of the Pantone Color Institute™. “Along with anchoring earth tones, exuberant pops of vibrant colors also appear throughout the collections. Transcending gender, these unexpectedly vivacious colors in our Fall 2016 palette act as playful but structured departures from your more typical fall shades.”
Are you new to this series? Check out our first post on Bodacious to get started!
PANTONE 17-3914 Sharkskin lends versatility and adaptability to the Pantone fall color palette. It’s “pair-able with almost any fall color, bright or muted,” Eiseman says, “a color that the rest of the palette can literally and theoretically rest on.”
Sharkskin lends itself to a wide variety of applications, and plays well with just about any other color. We like it with the pink pop of Bodacious, or the sophisticated orange undertones of Potter’s Clay.
It is similar to Lilac Gray in Pantone’s spring palette, but it trades Lilac’s hint of purple for a richer, darker tint. Sharkskin is crisp, clean and practical, a great reminder of why gray is heralded as the preferred neutral for interior design.
Shop Pantone Sharkskin Furniture & Home Goods
1. C.M.I. 2430 Collection Queen Upholstered Bed, $699.99
2. Bernhardt Franklin Sofa, $1,369.99
3. Pulaski Credenza, $499.99
4. La-Z-Boy James Lift Chair, $899.99
5. Fusion 8100 Collection Sofa, $499.99
6. Smith Brothers 395 Collection 100% Leather Chair, $1,499.99
7. Nourison Contour 8’ x 11’ Rug, $549.99
8. Craftmaster 7705 Collection Chair, $539.99
9. Chintaly Alfresco Bar Stool, $59.99
10. Ashley Chamness Gray 3-Piece Queen Duvet Set, $149.00
Share this Post