2017 is in full swing and the year’s new trends and styles are emerging. As Pinterest predicted, navy is taking over in everyone’s homes. And the tide is rising on a certain interior design that uses this dark hue. That’s right. We’re sea-ing coastal style starting to trend! (Like what we did there?)
From local interiors to this year’s dream home, designers are incorporating coastal living rooms everywhere. This chic, seaside style brings the coast home, no matter how far inland you live. We can’t think of a better way to beat the winter blues!
What is Coastal Style?
Before we go on, let’s define this interior design style.
Coastal style reflects the look and feel of a beach house. You’ll often see driftwood accents, casual furniture and light, airy colors that blend into beachy surroundings. This style takes inspiration from pale sand dunes, seaside greenery and the many shades of ocean blue. Because coastal style uses so many blues, it’s good to have a warm, balancing color. An easy way to do that is to add a rope-wrapped end table, wicker accents or a wood coffee table.
Check out our stylebook below to see how we incorporated these coastal elements. We took a living room from our showroom floor and broke it down, piece by piece for you. Come visit Homemakers to see it in person!
Coastal Living Rooms at Homemakers
- Flexsteel Blake Sofa & Loveseat: The light hue of this seating gives your home an open, airy look. Plus, any coastal accent pillows you choose will pair well with the neutral leather.
- Crestview Baytowne Rope Accent Table: Perfect to set next to your sofa, this end table features a weathered wood top and wrapped rope sides. It gives any room a sailor-esque feel, as if you’ve just docked and roped up your ship.
- Coastal accents (in store): A wicker basket and tall, wood candleholders are great finishing touch to any coastal living room. The candles add warmth and the basket can hold your captain’s logs.
- Ashley Campfield Coffee Table: Add a touch of sea-weathered appeal with a rustic coffee table. The planked sides and textured appearance beautifully reflect the look of reclaimed driftwood.
- Loloi Magnolia Home Emmie Kay Rug: A coastal living room isn’t complete without a nautical rug underfoot. This rug by Joanna Gaines is the perfect finishing touch.
- England Loren Swivel Chair: Give yourself a seat where you can cozy up. A swivel accent chair is the perfect spot to share tales of mermaids and sea monsters. Plus, the muted navy hues blend seamlessly with any coastal color scheme.
Our visual designers are loving this look so much, that they’ve created even more coastal living rooms on our showroom floor. Use the arrows in the top left corner of the slideshow below to explore coastal style inspiration from our showroom that you can take home!
Show Us Your Coastal Style!
Is your home the perfect example of coastal style? We’d love to see pictures! Share your home with us by using the icons below.
Share this Post