A home office is essential for keeping your household running smoothly, but it can be hard to justify dedicating space to one when you don’t have a lot of room to begin with.
Don’t let that discourage you, though! Your home office doesn’t need a whole room of its own. It’s easy to repurpose an unused corner, some space beneath an open flight of stairs or even a spare closet, if you’re a wardrobe minimalist. Wherever you’ve chosen to set up your office, it’s important to define a clear work zone while still maintaining a look that fits your style—and your space.
When you don’t have a ton of square footage, it can be tricky to find room for your belongings. The key is open, vertical storage. The smaller footprint is ideal for cozier spaces, and unenclosed shelving makes things easier to find—plus, it encourages you to stay organized!
Coaster bookcase, $159.99
This bookcase is a multipurpose must-have. It easily functions as a room divider and offers a ton of shelf space, while its simple, open design actually makes the room look bigger.
Similarly, this desk is a great option for a small home office. The ultra-convenient design features lots of open compartments and a spacious top, and the versatile piece can work with any décor.
If you’re ready to up the convenience factor in your cozy & compact office, a desk is the perfect place to start. Click over to our website to begin your search!
Steve Silver desk, $269.99
Finding the right furniture for your space and style is only part of the battle, though. Keeping a home office organized can feel like a job in itself. No matter how big—or small—your space is, these tips will help you work more efficiently, giving you more time for fun!
- Keep complementary supplies together, and avoid the temptation to stuff things in random drawers for the sake of a clean desktop. This saves time and money you might otherwise spend replacing supplies that you’ve mistakenly put elsewhere.
- Find a new home for anything that’s not strictly office-related. This can be tricky when space is at a premium, but it’s important to keep your work zone from being a catch-all for random objects.
- Trays are a great way to add style to your space while helping you establish a good workflow. A great way to get started is to use one tray for new, to-be-filed items and one for pending tasks that you reference frequently.
- Cut down on clutter by scanning documents and storing them digitally. Be sure to back up your hard drive regularly!
- Straighten up your desk before leaving the area, every time. It’s so easy to let a stray pencil or notepad turn into chaos, but returning to a clean desk will have such a positive impact on your mindset. You might even look forward to getting down to business!
How do you keep your home office organized? Let us know!
Share this Post