If it seems like every day is National something-or-other Day, well, you’d be correct.
But here’s one we’re particularly fond of: Next Monday, August 15 is National Relaxation Day. As we see it, this is the perfect day for kicking back and resting. Here are eight ways to do it.
Ways to celebrate National Relaxation Day
1. Make it a three-day weekend. This year’s National Relaxation Day conveniently falls on a Monday, so what better way to celebrate than by extending your weekend by another day? Get those PTO forms ready.
2. Sleep in. Put that quality mattress to good use with some supremely soothing shuteye.
3. Explore Des Moines. If you’re a local, you already know what a vibrant city Des Moines is. Get out there and enjoy it! From a thriving downtown to beautiful parks and the iconic sculpture park, there’s always something new to explore.
4. Clear the calendar and enjoy some uninterrupted time at home. A day bereft of obligations and appointments is quite relaxing.
5. Patio paradise. Fire up the grill and settle in for a lounging session on the deck or patio. The frosty, ice-cold beverage is optional, but highly recommended.
7. Come see us! Free cookies, lemonade and coffee await.
8. Visit the Iowa State Fair…or avoid the crowds and take a piece of it home yourself.
Speaking of free treats and unforgettable summer fun, we’re hosting our annual kids’ carnival on August 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. We’ve teamed up with our friends at KCWI and MORE 104 to provide non-stop fun in the sun, including games, inflatable attractions, prizes, food and pop. Best of all, everything is free. We will see you there!
Share this Post