Pictured above: Loloi Barcelona Rug
The Pantone Color Institute has announced the 2018 color of the year and we are all for it! Which shade was named color of the year? Ultra violet, a blue-based purple that easily captures the eye. Pantone also released the spring 2018 palette- a vibrant family of yellows, reds, purples and blues. We can’t wait to dive in!
Pantone 2018 Color of the Year
“From exploring new technologies and the greater galaxy, to artistic expression and spiritual reflection, intuitive Ultra Violet lights the way to what is yet to come.” Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of The Pantone Color Institute
There are many reasons why ultra violet was chosen as this year’s Pantone color of the year. For one, ultra violet is suggestive of a vast sky of possibilities and inspiration from exploration of a world other than our own. Calmness and serenity are also attributed to ultra violet, bringing your mind to thoughts of new dimension within one’s mind through meditation.
Another reason why ultra violet has won over our hearts is because purples have been symbolic of counterculture, unconventionality and artistic brilliance for years, as seen in musical icons Prince, David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix. They used shades of ultra violet to express their uniqueness in Western pop culture.
“The Pantone Color of the Year has come to mean so much more than ‘what’s trending’ in the world of design; it’s truly a reflection of what’s needed in our world today,” said Laurie Pressman, Vice President of the Pantone Color Institute.
Shop Ultra Violet Furniture & Decor
Pantone Spring 2018 Palette
The rest of the spring 2018 Pantone palette is as revitalizing as ultra violet. It includes 12 bold shades with four anchoring neutrals. Create a vibrant space, perfect for spring! Easily incorporate this palette into your home with accent furniture and accessories. Combine a few of the bold colors or use neutrals and add in a pop of color with an ultra violet rug or a blooming dahlia chair in the living room.
From neon yellows to serene, pale blues, this palette has everything we could want and more!
Shop Pantone Spring 2018 Palette
- Shop Meadowlark– Amish Outdoors Deluxe Adirondack Chair
- Shop Cherry Tomato– Chintaly 380 Collection Adjustable Stool
- Shop Little Boy Blue– Ashley Ayanna Nuvella Press Back Recliner
- Shop Chili Oil– Ashley Maier 2-Piece Sectional
- Shop Pink Lavender– Ashley Letty Crystal Table Lamp
- Shop Blooming Dahlia– Jonathan Louis Luna Accent Chair
- Shop Arcadia– Ashley Jenci Table Lamp
- Shop Ultra Violet– Sphinx Revival 10′ x 13′ Rug
- Shop Emperador– Coaster Banana Counter Stool
- Shop Almost Mauve– Ashley Plainfield 3-Piece Comforter Set
- Shop Spring Crocus– Chintaly Michelle Parsons Chair
- Shop Lime Punch– Jonathan Louis Strathmore Chaise Sofa
- Shop Sailor Blue– Hammary Furniture Hidden Treasures Cabinet
- Shop Harbor Mist– Progressive Gramercy Park TV Stand
- Shop Warm Sand– Ashley Drayen Wall Décor
- Shop Coconut Milk– Franklin Oslo Sofa
Feeling inspired? Don’t miss another post. Be the first to know about the latest furniture trends, home solutions and new additions to our showroom. Subscribe to Hm etc. today!