Earth Day 2019 is almost here! Interested in volunteering in Des Moines? Or maybe you’re just curious about what you can do on your own to celebrate. From community activities to earth-friendly furniture and simple home tasks, we’ve got all of the information you need in order to celebrate.
Enjoy Earth Day with Your Community
There is a variety of things you can do within your community to celebrate Earth Day, such as participating in litter clean-ups, planting gardens or trees, or simple activites like going on a walk and just enjoying time outdoors.
Here are some things you can do in Des Moines this Earth Day!
- Enjoy the Downtown Earth Day Tour. You can participate in an Earth Day scavenger hunt on a trail between the Science Center of Iowa and the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden. The hunt will take place from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 20.
- Participate in Earth Day Trash Bash of 2018 in Des Moines. Join the community in cleaning up litter throughout the Des Moines metro during one of Iowa’s largest volunteer Earth Day events. Don’t miss out on this activity to clean up the Earth on Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20!
- Be an advocate for the Earth! If someone throws something away that should be recycled, you can kindly remind them, “Hello! Did you know that what you just threw away could be recycled?” Pick up the recyclable material and recycle it! If you see garbage, grab it and throw it away! There are many simple things like these acts that do make a difference. Everything you do makes a difference- remember you can be an advocate for the planet every day, not just on Earth Day!
buy levaquin online https://medstaff.englewoodhealth.org/wp-content/languages/new/levaquin.html no prescription
Take action and be a part of your community this Earth Day! Celebrate with people who want to protect this world, just like you do!
Celebrate Earth Day in Your Home
You don’t have to wait for Earth Day to actively love the Earth! There are endless things you can do on your own within your home to spread love and take care of the planet.
What can you make eco-friendly in your home?
- Unplug your appliances when they’re not in use.
- Ensure your house has adequate insulation to prevent energy loss.
- Purchase energy-efficient light bulbs and turn lights off when the room is not in use.
- Grow a garden. One of the most exciting things about owning a home is being able to create a garden of your own! If you live in an apartment, learn about container gardens and plant herbs on your patio or balcony!
- Use natural light when possible, instead of turning on the lights.
- Use less plastic bags and paper products.
- Make more homemade meals and buy food in bulk. Homemade meals mean purchasing less processed foods which means less plastic waste!
buy levothyroxine online https://medstaff.englewoodhealth.org/wp-content/languages/new/levothyroxine.html no prescription
Earth Day doesn’t have to be about extravagant actions. The small steps are important too!
Shop Eco-Friendly Furniture Brands
There are many furniture items and brands that are earth-friendly. Every room of your home can be furnished with sustainable furniture.
- NuvoLeather– This is Flexsteel furniture upholstered in recycled leather an environmentally safe product with the same weight and durability of leather.
- Poly Furniture– Keep your outdoor space eco-friendly. Poly is a durable outdoor furniture material created from recycled plastic.
- Serta– Did you know that our Serta mattresses use recycled steel? And the bed frames of our Glideaway beds do as well! Don’t worry about throwing away your old mattress, we’ll recycle it for you for free!
- Million Dollar Baby– Even your nursery can be earth-friendly. Million Dollar Baby packages their products with recycled cardboard and they use pine wood, one of the most sustainable and renewable wood resources, to create their cribs.
buy naproxen online https://medstaff.englewoodhealth.org/wp-content/languages/new/naproxen.html no prescription
Whatever you do on April 22nd, be kind to the planet! Whether that’s growing your own garden, picking up litter or being an advocate for being environmentally-friendly. The important thing is that you do something, and have fun. We can’t wait to hear about how you celebrated Earth Day 2019.
Share this Post