What is High Point Market?
Every six months in sunny High Point, North Carolina, is a market where interior design dreams come true. High Point Market is a must-have experience where vendors from all over the world come together to show the newest trends, latest styles, and up-and-coming pieces in the home furnishing industry. It’s dubbed the largest furnishings industry trade event in the world, with over 75,000 people in attendance each show.
There are over 180 buildings and over 10 million sq ft of showroom space filled to the brim with furniture and accessories. High Point Market is so popular that the buildings used during the trade show sit vacant for the remainder of the year just waiting for the next show to begin.
Why Was Team Homemakers There?
Twice a year, our team head to High Point, NC, to shop the city for furniture in the hopes to find new designs and fresh looks for our showroom. Our knowledgeable product specialists prioritize what vendors are carrying the newest furnishing trends and just how quickly we can get those trends into our store. They get to physically sit, touch, and feel this furniture to survey comfort and quality.
At Homemakers, we’re always exploring new pieces to add to our furniture selection. We made it our mission at High Point Market to lookout for trending styles and top-rated furniture so our customers can enjoy a fashionable home at an affordable price point!
There are over 2000 exhibitors present at each trade show spanning over 180 different building locations. Each vendor is unique, carrying a variety of products and styles to see. To make the three-day trip run efficiently, our team had to prep beforehand on which vendors they wanted to visit. Many factors go into the process beforehand such as inventory evaluation at our store, what furniture styles to introduce, and how fast they can get those items in given recent supply chain issues throughout the furniture industry.
The pandemic has impacted so many of the things we encounter in our day-to-day life. Some of these things are widely discussed – often a bit too much – but what isn’t talked about is the decrease of inventory in the furniture industry.
Our Current Brands
Although we’re always looking for new pieces, we’re proud to carry high-quality brands for any style or budget. From sumptuous mattresses, outdoor retreats, top sofa brands, and more, we’ve got what you need. No matter what your space is lacking, we’re dedicated to offering quality furniture from brands you can trust.
Top Five Trends
Our team was on the lookout for up-and-coming trends starting to make appearances throughout the furniture industry. Check out the top five trends they noticed:
- A style we’ve seen a lot of in this last year is mid-century modern. From its blend of modern and vintage elements, the mid-mod trend has become very popular in many different furniture and accessory pieces.
- The coastal trend was seen a lot throughout Market. The use of light blues, whites, and wood tones are used together to help create the look and feel of the coast. You’ll often see driftwood accents, casual furniture, and light, airy colors that blend into beachy surroundings.
- Boho elements are still trending throughout the fashion and interior design world. Its use of bohemian-inspired décor and vibrant patterns create a harmonious look that helps connect one with nature and sooth the soul.
- Contemporary is classed as “constantly updating”. However, it’s still one of the most popular styles in interior design. No matter how many times it changes, it still encompasses a monochromatic tone to elevate a modern yet glam vibe, while also giving us a minimal and open concept to create a clean, bold look.
- The charm of rustic and farmhouse style is the homey vibes that comes along with it. It uses distressed woods, natural elements, and neutral tones to create a rugged cabin look that keeps us cozy all year long.
Key Takeaways from HPM
Our team saw a ton of new trends coming into the home furnishings industry that we’re hoping to add to our furniture selection. From headboard-less beds to modern motion, there are a bunch of new pieces that just might happen to make their way to our showroom.
Supply Chain Issues
Since the pandemic began, the furniture industry has been hit in more places than one. Our team noticed that there were less vendors present at Market than ever before, and many vendors were struggling with product shipment. Vendors would primarily ship their pieces out of China. Now, with the current supply chain issues, they have switched their production factories to Mexico to make for quicker arrival times.
High Point Market, hosted in North Carolina, is the largest home furnishings trade show in the world. Despite all the uncertain issues going on, our team made it their mission to find the best, up-and-coming pieces to bring back to our showroom! Stay tuned for new furniture!
Don’t miss another post! Be the first to know about the latest furniture trends, home solutions and new additions to our showroom. Subscribe to Hm etc. today!
Share this Post